Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gardening and Binding ......

  I have been tending to the gardens alot this last week.  It has been in the high 80's here all week so that means watering first thing in the morning.  With the heat the hydrangeas are starting to bloom

 My gardenia also starting blooming . I wish you could smell them
 We also have 2 vegetable gardens and have been eating zucchini . The tomatoes are almost ripe . Oh have I love this time of year eating fresh vegetables .
I also have been trying to finish binding my Maison De Garance  hot cross quilt.  It has been just too hot to work on it at night but I do have 2 sides done  .

WISHING ALL THE DADS OUT THERE A VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY  WEEKEND !!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, the summer is too hot for binding. Binding is a good task for the winter months, if only my quilts would time themselves accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binding large quilts in the heat is a chore, but your garden is looking lovely and I envy you your fresh veges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardens are gorgeous, Sue! I hope my hydrangeas look like that this year! I'm working on a binding, too - tried it in the shade yesterday, but 1t 86 degrees it was just a bit too much!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete