Thursday, November 19, 2015

Vintage Holiday Quilt Holly's Christmas Tree farm

Hi

Thought I would share with you what I have been working on ...



Vintage Holiday Quilt

I have been locked up in my sewing room making this quilt so that my quilter can quilt this for me before Christmas.  Just finished it this morning :-D

I made this quilt with Holly's Tree farm fabric.  It was love at first sight when I saw this fabric and just knew I had to make this quilt for my daughter Holly for Christmas. Won't she be surprised !!!
The pattern is Vintage Holiday by thimble blossoms

Here is a close-up of some of the ornaments I made for this quilt.....








and this is a close-up picture of the sashing & border fabric


I also celebrated my birthday  with family last Sunday and these were gifts from my daughters..

Just love this personalized picture for my sewing room !

I have been wanting one of these carts for sometime now.
Now I can keep my cutting area clear, I feel so organized  :-D

Wishing everyone a Very Happy Thanksgiving !!

Sue

6 comments:

  1. Sending you belated birthday wishes! I've seen others have that great looking cart. It will be fun to have. I love your Christmas quilt. I had to buy some of that fabric line too, but unlike you, I haven't done anything with it. Can't wait to see it after your quilter does her magic on it. You sure did get that done fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday ... you certainly made out like a bandit. I love that little cart, and I'm definitely going to have to check it out when we finally get over to Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful cart for your sewing room!
    LOVE Holly's Christmas quilt and I bet she will too!
    Congratulations on a fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to see all the ornament fabrics up close. I like the one with the little cars and trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used that pattern to make some Christmas table runners a couple of years ago. I started just making one for me, then my daughter saw the blocks and wanted one, then my daughter-in-law! Guess what? I still haven't made one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated bday! Your Christmas quilt looks so fun! What thoughtful gifts you got!

    ReplyDelete