Sunday, November 8, 2015

Viola and around the house...

Sharing a finish with you today.

VIOLA !!





I finally figured out the stems for these blocks and did not appliqué like the pattern said.
I paper pieced them like Thelma had suggested . This top took me forever since I have had a head cold for the last 2 1/2 weeks.  Finally starting to feel better

My quilt top finishes at 40" x 40" and I have ordered the cream with cherries fabric for the backing and the green  polka dot for the binding .





While working on Viola our friend installed hardwood floors in our kitchen



and of course I had to get a new rug for the Kitchen Nook :-D


 My Grandson Nico is growing SO fast.  He just turned 4 months old .




We are getting rain in California today and lots of snow in the Sierras .
It is much needed with this horrible 4 year drought we have been having .

HAPPY SEWING !!!

Sue

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sue ..love your little quilts,your blog and your new floors. My kids live on Dog Bar Rd. small world. I have the cold now for one week. I'll keep in touch
    Barbara Barrieau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Australia, Your fig tree quilt is beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are too prolific to say that took you forever! That binding is going to be so cute! The floor looks great and Nico is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous choices for the backing and binding for your Viola. I'm glad that you're feeling better. And your little Nico is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects are lovely, but that cute little man is the sweetest! Enjoy him and the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viola is fabulous and the backing and binding will be perfect. Sorry you've been sick. Hope you're on the upswing. Super cute rug to set off the new flooring. But nothing is quite as cute as that little smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Viola turned out beautiful!
    Congratulations on those new hardwood floors, they look fabulous!
    Nico is such a cutie pie. Hard to believe he is already 4 months old.

    Hope you are feeling better and that cold is behind you now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful, Sue! I love the soft pink colours you have used. And the layout is very interesting, too -- it would be great for a larger quilt as well.

    ReplyDelete