Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Making progress on my Midwinter Red Quilt

Hi!

 How is everyone enjoying there summer so far ?

We have been busy around the house tending to our gardens , cleaning windows & just taking care of things that need to be done around here :-D

We have  lots of tomatoes , zucchini , blueberries and plums we are enjoying right now.
Hubby is making lots of salsa with the tomatoes . Hmmm !


I did finish making my 16 blocks for my Midwinter Red Cozy quilt .

As I started laying my blocks out on my design wall my eye was immediately drawn to the block on the last row



Yes this one !  I just was not happy with it and I used all of my reds from this fabric line in my stash SO what is a girl to do ?  Look thru my stash of fabrics :-)


I made another block with this red fabric I found in my stash that  I had from my Wiscasset  quilt
I had made. It is also a Minick and Simpson fabric. Score !



Much better now :-D

The fabric I have pinned to my wall is also from my stash and I am hoping I have enough of it for the border

Smoky is having the life of leisure while I am playing with this quilt .


Hope you are enjoying your Summer Days !

Happy Sewing !

Sue

10 comments:

  1. I sure like the colors in this quilt! Good to hear your garden is doing well! so many things interrupt our quilting in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca ! Yes Summer does keep us busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gray kitties are my favorite! Gorgeous stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new red you added to your quilt. It seems to fit in better with the other blocks. Hope you have enough of that border fabric, it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how much difference it makes by just swapping out that one block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great decision on the change ... the new red you chose just fits in so much better, IMHO. Hope you have enough of that fabric for the border, as the Midwinter Reds are getting hard to find. If you run short, let me know ... I bought quite a bit more than I need for Nantucket (because I just love the reds in Midwinter Reds) .... I might have enough to let you finish your quilt and would be willing to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty blocks, I like the replacement block too - a perfect choice!
    This will be another beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big improvement! Love that red paisley print for the new star. Yes a perfect choice!
    Smoky looks right at home. Unfortunately the only smoky we have is in the air this morning and we were not able to open the windows for some nice cool morning air. We are in for another hot one :0( We have bowls of tomatoes and peppers waiting to be made into salsa and sauce too. It's been a good summer, enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish our tomatoes were going as well as yours, Sue! For some reason most of us in town are having a bad tomato year! You should post hubby's salsa recipe! I think your "rogue" block would have looked great in the center, but we have to be happy with what we make - and it looks great with the replacement block! Our gray kitties are doing the same thing!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your star blocks and totally agree with the switch!

    ReplyDelete