Friday, October 12, 2012

A Day In Giverny Chateau Rouge Block # 2 Done



I just finished my Blocks # 2 for my " A Day in Giverny quilt " made of the new line of French General fabric  Chateau Rouge.

I bought this quilt kit online  at Rossville Quilts  quilt shop

There are 6 individual block patterns and you make 2 of each each month.  I am trying to make 2 each week and so far so good.

This is Block #3 !  I am hoping to get this all cut out and start sewing these blocks this weekend
As you can see by the picture of the pattern the 12 blocks are set at point and then 6 alternate blocks are also pieced and appliqued.

Happy with my progress so far.  Do you think I love red  ;-)

I need to work on these 4 Vintage Rouge  blocks this weekend. I am a real beginner when it comes to stitchery

AND this is what I need to stitch this weekend.  Looks pretty easy 

Next week I start my final  blocks for Vintage Rouge and then I will be done YEAHHH!

This last month is the 4 large sections on each side of the quilt .... lots of applique work  .
Have a great weekend !!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! What beauties! I've not seen Chateau Rouge... how gorgeous. And then there's Vintage Rouge... what a beautiful Christmas season quilt it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both with our beginning stitchery! At 2 blocks a week you will be done in no time. The red will be great for the upcoming Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of progress. I love the Vintage Rouge, especially the applique blocks, and look forward to seeing more of your version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful blocks. Love the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are gorgeous Sue! You are making fabulous progress on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO tempted to get that kit, Sue! What a gorgeous quilt you will have! The stitchery will be easy and fun!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making fantastic progress on your Cahteau Rouge blocks. I am also a French General addict (it's the red). While I hoard mostof their collections, I think Chateau Rouge may be my favorite of all times. I am going to look for the pattern today because you have inspired me. By the way, I think your stitchery skills are better than you give yourself credit for - looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh shoot... you have convinced me that I need this kit. I have ordered it as a BOM from Rossville, but you must have gotten the whole kit at once. Their yardage prices are really good too! Went ahead and got the backing fabric. They owe you a coupon or something!! Thanks for the blog - enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete