Friday, May 17, 2013

EASY AS 1 , 2 , 3 LAYER CAKE MYSTERY FREE PATTERN SEW ALONG PROGRESS

Hi

 Just finished my homework for week #3 of   Doreen's   Aunt Reen's Place   EASY AS 1 ,2, 3, LAYER CAKE MYSTERY FREE PATTERN SEW ALONG !
 The quilt we are making for May is   " EASY SUMMER BREEZE "

I have my 6 1/2 " blocks all paired up and ready to go........
My homework this week was to  start sewing my blocks together .  I now have 21- 4 patch blocks and
42  flying geese blocks

  I am making my quilt from 1 layer cake of La Belle Fleur by French General  for Moda  and 4 yards of Kona white.   I just love the greens , the reds and


the blues in this fabric line

I am very excited to see what design Doreen has planned for us next Wednesday  with these wonderful blocks.  She is a amazing quilt designer so I just now this quilt will be Gorgeous !


                    Smoky is keeping me company in the sewing room as you can see ;-)

                 My Peonies are finally blooming , thought I would share a picture with you !

Have a Wonderful Weekend !

5 comments:

  1. I love the blocks you are making and am so tempted...I have several layer cakes just sitting in my cupboard and you are really causing me to think about cutting into them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery blocks look beautiful!

    That picture of Smokey reminds me of the fairy tale "the Princess and the Pea". Look at all those comfy layers she is sleeping on! lol

    Gorgeous Peony blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look wonderful, it's fun to watch the progress of this quilt. Smokey sure looks comfy in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look gorgeous!
    I'm a late starter, so I'm working to get caught up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love French General fabrics. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete