Thursday, July 25, 2013

PEPPERMINT PLACE CLOSER TO BEING DONE

Hi

                        You have probably been wondering where I have been so   I thought I would share my progress on Peppermint Place

                  I finished all of the applique and have sewn the center all together
                  For the last 2 days I have been working on the peppermint borders


                                 And this is what I have to show for the last 2 days.   There are 8 strips here and I finished sewing the green & beige borders on 4 of them . These blocks were like putting  a puzzle together  but I did it  Yeahhhh!


  As you can see by the pattern cover I am very close to  finishing .  4 little peppermint candies still need to be pieced , one for each corner , the 3 red triangles for the border and the last green border.  I was hoping to have this quilt done this week but we will see.  I am getting so close I can taste it ;-)

Thanks for stopping by !

Sue

7 comments:

  1. So totally beautiful! The borders are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quilt. I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so close! Still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be standing around with mismatched strips saying why cant i do this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your quilt makes me want to go find some peppermint candies, Sue! You've made wonderful progress! The finish line isn't far off!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those borders may have required patience but they were worth it! Really frames the quilt nicely! You will have this holiday beauty done before some of us get started on one!

    ReplyDelete