Monday, December 16, 2013

Look what the mailman brought me........

I received 2  generous  birthday / Christmas gifts from Doreen (  Aunt Reen's Place )

WOW!

                                                   I received the Hampton Ridge BOM

                                         This is month #1    Just look at those fabrics !
 

AND ......................  Aunt Reen's  2 hour  Hay Ride quilt top kit !  If you look closely at the pattern you will notice that this is Doreen's very own pattern and kit that she put together for Kelly Ann's Quilting  quilt shop she works at. Just look at those large pumpkins batik fabric and the fabrics for the border & binding !  Just Gorgeous !   Beginner Friendly Pattern  54" x 60 " .  Perfect for the " too cute to cut " and large print fabrics and in only 2 hours :-D  



As soon as I finish sewing these last minute Christmas gifts I have here I plan on sewing this Hay Ride quilt top  together.  Then I want to make my first 4 blocks for Hampton Ridge .  It is going to be a fun year making Hampton Ridge :-D     Thanks Doreen !

hugs,
Sue



9 comments:

  1. Call me jealous! Those are wonderful fabrics for Hampton Ridge! And your Nantucket quilt in the previous post is just gorgeous... love all the red! Do you ever sleep???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great friend :-) You will have a fun time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love Hampton Ridge and have been so tempted! I'll enjoy watching you make your blocks each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful gifts! Hampton Ridge is going to be a great project. Will you sew along with Doreen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was tempted by Hampton Ridge as well, but managed to pass until Hancocks of Paducah had 20% off and had the kit! It is on backorder, but will be my Christmas present from my husband. I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hit the jackpot! The Hampton Ridge design looks very good. You will have fun making it and knowing it was designed and given to you by a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You indeed got the best gifts! It's neat to receive her designs as well! Envy here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Hampton Ridge quilt. It will be fun to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooo, the Hampton Ridge is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to watch it come together.

    ReplyDelete