Thursday, February 6, 2014

December Redwork Girl block done

 I just completed my December block  for my Calendar Girls quilt I started with Doreen in 2012.   Doreen created a "Christmas Geese" border  for this  redwork block.  I really enjoyed paper piecing these flying geese !





Here is all of my blocks I have completed so far.  We are using Rouenneries Deux  French General  fabric by Moda for all of our borders .  I have also posted a picture of my progress on the side bar of my blog.  Just 2 blocks left in need of a border design and then this Calendar Girls UFO quilt will be ready to assemble.

Sue

11 comments:

  1. I like how each block has a different setting around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper piecing is the only way to fly when making rows of flying geese! Going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your red work sampler is almost done. Yeah! The borders on the blocks are visually exciting. Redwork is alway so soothing to do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh - I didn't realize you had gotten that far, Sue! They're all just adorable and I can't wait to see them in a quilt! Have you got a lot of snow yet? We got nearly 6 inches last night!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Karen... love the different settings around the embroidered blocks. And such gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful progress! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt, love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Sunbonnet "Sue" red work is very pretty ! I love flying geese but I haven't ever PP any, I'll have to try that. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block turned out beautiful Sue!

    ReplyDelete