Monday, October 27, 2014

Well  I Did it !!!!

I had received a gift for my 60th Birthday last year for 1 ride in a hot air balloon !

After much planning of schedules and weather my daughter arranged for us to fly in the sky Sunday morning ! Hubby was not interested in going so my daughter , her boyfriend and I went !



We got up at 4:30 in the morning to be at the Marriot in Napa by 7AM.
Where we had coffee and danish waiting for us .  We signed in and were assigned a pilot.
Then loaded in vans taking us all  to Yountville  where we would be taking off from.



We could not have asked for a more beautiful day.  The sun was rising and other balloons were flying above us


When we arrived our balloons were all laid out with the baskets laying on their sides






As we were  watching them fill our balloon we took lots of pictures


  When we  took off it was AMAZING !  We were just floating in the sky and is was so peaceful  as we flew over all of the vineyards







After we landed we were driven back to the hotel where a Champagne brunch was waiting for us and these pictures on our tables as a reminder of a most Awesome experience !


This will be a day I will never forget !!

11 comments:

  1. Wasn't that a hoot, Sue? I've done it too, but never seen such a huge basket with so many people in it! Didn't you love how quiet it was (other than the occasional blast of gas) up there?! What a wonderful gift!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! A balloon ride is on m;y bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday present. I'm glad you enjoyed it, it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome gift and what a beautiful place to be drifting over. A balloon ride is a wonderful experience. Glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun, isn't it? I took a hot air ballon ride a few years ago, near Phoenix. It was scary at first (I don't like heights), but once I relaxed, I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to crew for a hot air balloon, but it was much smaller than the one you went up in. I'm so glad you had a good time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an amazing experience! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect day and a wonderful gift to share with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sue...so happy you were able to have such a gorgeous day for a balloon ride. Looks and sounds like you had a perfect day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous time!!! So glad that you got to do it. I bet the views were spectacular!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete