Thursday, May 1, 2014

Black Velvet is a finish !

 Well here it is !

The mailman delivered my border fabric yesterday and I headed straight to my sewing room to sew my borders on :-D


I added a 7" border and Black Velvet now measures  73" x  64"



You can see by this picture the ivory grunge fabric it really sets the quilt off nicely.  I am happy with my border choice , just what I wanted.

If you are new to my blog I made this quilt from LITTLE BLACK DRESS 2 fabric by Moda  !
 1 layer cake  of LITTLE BLACK DRESS 2 and ivory grunge  fabric  for the border & black grunge fabric for the black points from this line of fabric.  The pattern is RED VELVET by THIMBLE BLOSSOMS.

Thanks you for everyone's vote to name this quilt BLACK VELVET !

Quilter's are just the BEST !

Sue

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I really want to make one of these! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I haven't seen the fabric line in person... the search is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, simply gorgeous! Worth the wait for that border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It Looks Wunnerful!!! For Moi?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! It turned out beautifully!! Love that fabric! A great finish. Will you quilt it yourself or send it off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect border!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The border really does play nicely. Very elegant and lets your eyes focus on the center. Black velvet is a real good name indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its beautiful, Sue! You picked the perfect fabric for the border. AND the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, its AWESOME! Perfect choice on that border!
    The pattern looked familar, do I grabbed my book by Camille, "SimplyRetro". I found the block, but there is a secondary block in your pattern :( I'll have to try to figure it out! lol
    Anyhoo, your quilt is beautiful!
    Gael in Sacto

    ReplyDelete